Graphic Production Artist Job Description
Designsteins is seeking a passionate, creative, highly motivated Graphic Production Artist to join our creative team. The ideal candidate will take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. To be successful in this position, you should combine strong creative and technical skills to format various images and illustrations. You should also have an eye for detail and project management experience. Ultimately, you will ensure our print and digital designs meet high-quality standards.
What you’ll do day to day:
• Great working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (AI – Adobe Illustrator).
• Prepare and implement retail print graphic materials, including packaging boxes, trays, displays, shelf stripes, aisle blades, etc.
• Responsible for the final preparation of finished art and files.
• Work alongside designers to prepare layouts for comps.
• Implement revisions to match clients’ or designers’ requests.
• Liaise with product managers to define design requirements.
• Review graphics, layouts, and fonts before products are completed.
• Finalize designs using image editing software.
• Retouch images to improve the quality both in print and digital format.
• Suggest and apply image improvements, like creating gradients and layers.
• Follow deadlines to ensure timely publications.
• Archive produced images and graphics.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
• Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Artist, or similar role.
• Ability to work seamlessly with a group as well as individually.
• Self-motivated, excellent time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Capability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
• Exceptional technical production skills, including extensive knowledge of and comfort using the Adobe Creative Suite and Macintosh computers.
• Demonstrated understanding of the preparation of documents for print.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills: must be able to work closely with designers, art directors, and account managers both verbally and in writing.
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related fiel
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience operating/working on the production floor (i.e. physically building packaging samples)
Submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com