Production Specialist Job Description
Designsteins is seeking a passionate, and highly motivated Production Specialist to join our production team. The ideal candidate will assist with the daily management and operation of multiple digital printers and cutting machines including setup, operation, cleanup, and equipment maintenance. Additionally, you will need to be able to physically produce all retail project packaging samples that come down the pipeline.
What you’ll do day to day:
• Responsible to produce all finished goods and coordinating the production schedule and materials necessary to produce high-quality retail packaging that meets customer demands on a safe and timely basis.
• Work alongside and communicate with the creative and sales team for project-specific details.
• Setup, operate, and maintenance digital printers and cutting equipment.
• Build samples on CAD table and/or cut samples by hand.
• While efficiently operating equipment must consistently watch for quality concerns and clean finished parts before shipping.
• Receive and prepare inbound/outbound shipments: this includes loading/unloading deliveries from trucks and preparing parcel shipments as needed.
• Safely, move materials and completed projects to appropriate locations.
• Always maintain a clean production facility.
• Meet time schedules on projects with possible overtime involved.
• Report maintenance needs to supervision for repairs, if needed.
• Additional duties assigned by management.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
• Proven work experience in producing Retail Packaging Production.
• Solid knowledge of operating and maintaining digital printing and cutting equipment.
• Hands-on experience building retail packaging samples.
• Ability to lift to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25-50 pounds.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience prepping and setting up design files (pre-press stage) to ensure accuracy, getting the files ready for print production.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com